Cuisine De Provence
So we start from a Chinese saying:
And then we came across Barbara's cooking class: Cuisine de Provence.
So I signed up all the cooking classes because my man is like a wild horse. Just kidding. In fact, we both love food, eating out and trying something different. So when we travel together, cooking class become one of our favourite things to do.
Seriously, I haven't gone to any cooking class which would make us regret, it is just full of fun and memories. Not to mention that Barbara's class was definitely one of the highlights of honeymoon.
Barbara is very passionate about her cooking, and because of our tight time frame, she made something easier for us due to our agenda. Plus we were late because of our French speaking only navigator, luckily the other attendants cancelled so we had most leisure time with Barbara and then her husband Rob later on.
To be honest, our wine tour after Barbara's class was absolute a joke, Andrew and I both feel regret that we had to leave so early. Oh well, that just make Barbara's cooking class stand out more.
So what's special about her cooking class? There are several reasons:
1. She is so lovely with sense of humour.
2. Her skills are so impressive, and you can tell that those experiences don't just come by googling. Also, she has really beautiful garden, you cook with her favourite herbs straight from her garden as well. How good is that? Super homey.
3. She made a lot of efforts on preparations, and ingredients. The local market only opens on Tuesdays, so please book early. On the other hand, you get to taste the most freshest Provence produce.
4. She pours you wines generously. And the you just sit down with them, enjoy the vibe, and view and most importantly the great company. Rob and her will both make you laugh on the table.
5. If you have more free time than us, (we had to focus on cooking then moved to next destination,) make sure you don't forget to take some beautiful pictures of her kitchen, and her well decorated living room and vital gardens. Make sure you take you time sitting at her outdoor table and relax. Life is short, but it doesn't mean you have to rush!!
Are you visiting Provence? Make sure you keep a day open for her class!! Guarantee you won't regret!!! And that's just another excuse for us to go back I think:)
When Andrew saw these pictures, he said he still remember the taste of them, they are scrumptious!! The experience wasn't just to have a feel of French cooking, but also share the fun and enjoy the company! Don't forget to check out her website or her blog to see what she has been cooking !!!!
Finally, happy hump day, guys!!!