Mother's Day: Strawberry Cream French Toast + London Fog
Hello guys, How's your weekend so far?
Next Sunday is Mother's Day (Already), have you got the gifts sorted yet? Feeling a bit sentimental about this Mother's Day actually. Well, I am going to be a mom next year and I still feel like a kid myself. Kind of scary....Anyways, this wasn't what I really want to say, let's get back to the topic. I think a breakfast in bed is always the most effective way to surprise the mom and ANYONE can do it!
Here I have easy in the eyes strawberry French toast stuffed with low fat cream cheese, top up with aromatic London Fog in a mug. Mmmm, what a great way to show your appreciation to your mom! (And international way as well? )
Strawberry Cream Cheese French Toast
How to Make it:
1. Scoop out 1-2 tablespoon of cream cheese into a bowl, (depends on how cheesy you are) then add maple syrup in with a good stir. I recommend you taste it to adjust the sweetness to your liking.
2. Beat the egg and mix it well with the milk in a wide bowl or dish. It has to be easy to place the toasts in later.
3. Mix cinnamon sugar with bread crumb in a plate, put it next to the bowl with egg and milk.
4. Halve or slice the strawberries and leave them aside.
5. Spread the cream cheese on one side of the toast then place the strawberries on top evenly. Coat this piece of toast with egg mix then coat it with bread crumb again then fried it in a medium-high heat pan till golden.(greased or non-stick pan)
6.Same with the second toast then cover the first toast. Serve warm with extra strawberries and cream cheese on top if wish.
You Will Need:
- A few fresh strawberries
- Low fat cream cheese
- Maple syrup
- Cinnamon sugar
- Bread crumb
- 1 egg
- 1/4 Cup of milk
- 4 pieces of wholemeal toasts
London Fog (Earl Grey Latte)
How To Make It:
1. Steep the teabag in boil water for 5 minutes then remove the tea bag. You need about half cup of tea.
2. Sweeten the tea with your preferable sugar/sweetener.
3. Pour almond milk in a saucepan with medium heat then whisk till it's creamy. I cheated with coffee machine milk flask here. I think almond milk has less silky look then normal milk. You can experience with different kinds then let me know how does it go;-)
You Will Need:
- 1 Earl Grey teabag or leaves
- Milk/ Almond milk/ Hazelnut milk/Soy milk
- Sweetener/ Honey/ Maple syrup
Same same but different, and you can serve with new mug, new dishes as gifts. If you forgot to get a card, you can write on a cute napkin or a doily paper like me(Oops). No serving tray? No problem, here I used my old Ikea picture frame and most importantly is to show how much we love our moms! Now I live overseas, so this breakfast idea would probably benefit the hubby the most but you see you can surprise anyone anytime with any simple idea.
Especially when you replace the London fog with the Moet in the fridge.
Let me know if you have other breakfast in bed ideas, and enjoy the odd warm fall weather.